Monday, September 22, 2008

back in Bear Country

i would have never thought that i would ever come back here. after such an "eventful" summer, i didn't think that i would ever find myself on a plane to TX again..life and its pleasantries. you never really know what to expect.

i feel a bit more focused this year, considering the fact that i have a lot more responsibilities to fulfill other than trying to make the grade [staying..staying..staying..etc?]. i've told a few friends that i was considering a change in plans, and it absolutely broke my heart to see them so upset. Reactions: AK was silent, Julie thought i was trying to trick her, Christina told me she was thinking about leaving too [oh hey!], Josh was in denial for 2 weeks, and Mihir simply made me want to cry ["I've lost eight people this year that I loved, and if you leave..I really don't want to lose you too."]. after hearing that, i couldn't bring myself to tell anyone else. it's funny how someone you've known for such a small amount of time becomes such a big part of your life..almost like a family that you want to protect and take care of. Reason #89 for not leaving.

it's weird, though, because a lot of my friends are actually considering transferring as well. trying to cheat the system, you know..maybe this is the right time [TCU, UT..?]. i'm just not sure if that's exactly what i'm supposed to do. i can't see myself anywhere else other than here, but in this circumstance i have to comply w my obligations. the only remedy is prayer and patience--much easier said than done.

despite that, He provides when you least expect it--in your greatest desperation.

i've been thriving off of this:
"He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end." Ecc. 3:11

..He always seems to find a way to make me smile :)

1 comment:

Grace said...

AH! I AM LIVING OFF THAT VERSE. IT'S THE ONE I GOT ON MY ARM FOR MY TATOO. I HEART U!